Race for the STARS
Sunday, April 24, 2016
5k | KIDS RUNS
Rio Americano High School
4540 American River Drive
Sacramento, CA | Map
Come for the race, stay for the Festival!
Race packet pickup and in person registration will be available at Sports Authority (3350 Arden Way, Sacramento, CA 95825 | MAP) between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Saturday, April 23, 2016. Packets will not be mailed. You may also pick up race materials on race day from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.
- Your SJUSD school will receive $10 from every adult entry fee and $5 from every student or child entry fee. School name must be provided during registration for a donation to be given to the school.
- NEW THIS YEAR: Be a VIP at Race for the STARS! Upgrade your registration for only $20 over the regular registration fee and you will get an upgraded microfiber shirt, special VIP event day check-in, a fitness pack to carry your cell phone, money, and other necessities, a flashing heart light for nighttime safety, a water bottle, a cooling towel, and other goodies and benefits. VIP packets are limited to first 100 who request this package. The deadline to register for VIP is noon on April 11, 2016. Check the race website closer to time for more details.
- Commemorative shirt to pre-registered participants.
- Award to top boy and girl kids race participant. Finisher medal to all kids race participants.
- Awards Ceremony, Post-race Festival, Kids Activities, Refreshments, Entertainers, Vendors, and Give-Aways!
- Chip timing: The 5K will be timed using ChronoTrack timing courtesy of Capital Road Race Management.
- Race photos will be available to participants through Facchino Photography.
Why Race for the STARS?
Get ready for some serious fun with the 6th annual Race for the STARS. This is your opportunity to support our children and raise money for direct-to-teacher grants funded for high quality educational projects in the San Juan schools.
Thanks to SJUSD for this great video of our 2014 race!
If you don’t know about us, here is who we are and what we do: The San Juan Education Foundation is an independent, non-profit organization led by passionate parents and business leaders who want to provide all students with an excellent education that enables them to be competitive in the challenging workplace of the future. Providing a child with the tools for success not only develops a strong workforce, it contributes to the strength and safety of our community. Please support education by running, walking, and collecting pledges for this day of family fun and fitness.