RACE FOR THE STARS
Sunday, April 24, 2016
Congratulations to 2015 Race for the STARS winners in our new categories: Fastest Male & Female Students: Ryan Ioanidis of Mira Loma High School, Alyssa Barnes of Arcade Fundamental Middle School; Fastest Male and Female Administrators: Brian Goetsch of Psychological Services and Melanie Allen of Deterding Elementary; Fastest Male and Female Certificated Teacher/Staff: Lyle Esterkyn of Sierra Oaks K-8 and Deanna Palacios of Skycrest Elementary; Fastest Classified Male & Female Employees: Matt Endert of Encina Preparatory High and Kim Butler of Barrett Middle School.
5k | KIDS RUN
Rio Americano High School
4540 American River Drive
Sacramento, CA | Map
- Your SJUSD school will receive $10 from every adult entry fee and $5 from every student or child entry fee. School name must be provided during registration for a donation to be given to the school.
- Commemorative shirt to pre-registered participants.
- Award to top boy and girl kids race participant. Finisher medal to all kids race participants.
- Awards Ceremony, Post-race Festival, Kids Activities, Refreshments, Entertainers, Vendors, and Give-Aways!
- Chip timing: The 5K will be timed using ChronoTrack timing courtesy of Capital Road Race Management.
Take the Superintendent's Challenge!
This year, you can also enter SJUSD's photo challenge for a chance to win fantastic prizes. Have you been training out on the track? Eating healthy? Share your training photos on San Juan Unified School District’s Facebook page by April 23. One lucky winner chosen by the superintendent will receive a prize pack full of healthy snacks and treats, plus a lunch party hosted at his or her school from our partners at Whole Foods Market. Watch video.
Why Race for the STARS?
Get ready for some serious fun with the 5th annual Race for the STARS. This is your opportunity to support our children and raise money for direct-to-teacher grants funded for high quality educational projects in the San Juan schools.
Thanks to SJUSD for this great video of our 2014 race!
If you don’t know about us, here is who we are and what we do: The San Juan Education Foundation is an independent, non-profit organization led by passionate parents and business leaders who want to provide all students with an excellent education that enables them to be competitive in the challenging workplace of the future. Providing a child with the tools for success not only develops a strong workforce, it contributes to the strength and safety of our community. Please support education by running, walking, and collecting pledges for this day of family fun and fitness.